Monday, January 22, 2007

Putting the FAT in FATigue

WHAT is it about being exhausted that makes a woman (well, this woman anyway) put copious amounts of sugar and fat laden shit down her throat?

It's not like I need the extra sugar for all the exercise I am doing. I am not getting to the gym the way I used to, nor am I going for all the walks I promised myself when daylight saving finally got introduced.

No, I spend most of the time either chasing the kids or on my bottom. Which is expanding. FAST. It has come to the stage now that I am handing down my 'skinny' clothes to my MUM. She is 55 years old and a size 10. I can no longer squeeze my bottom into my old jeans and I am 30.

So I moan and complain and then I put cake into my mouth and that stops the moaning for about a minute. It doesn't help that I like baking. I AM a housewife after all so I make cakes... a lot. And I eat them a lot too!

When we don't have cakes I eat biscuits. When we run out of these I eat MILO! Oh it is so wrong but so good too. I sit there at the counter with a big spoon and pile it into my mouth.

But the bigger I get, the less inclined I am to do any exercise. I am exhausted after all. So there starts the nasty cycle - I am tired therefore I eat crap. I am tired therefore I don't exercise. I am getting fat because I eat crap and don't exercise. I eat more and exercise less because I feel crap and fat.

Which is why I believe sheer and total exhaustion is called FATigue.

No comments:

just a suburban housewife