Tuesday, January 23, 2007

future s*x / love sounds

I am the type of person who has a constant soundtrack in their head. I like music and I can pretty much pinpoint the year I did anything by the music I associate with the event.

For example, I know that I went to Queensland for a holiday in 1989 because I remember 'discovering' New Kids on the Block on that holiday. Memories of the rollercoaster at Dreamworld and 'Hanging Tough' are intertwined in my memory.

But having constant music on the go isn't always a good thing.
For example, for when I am trying to enjoy a shag.

Oh sure in the past, I have made lurve to wonderful and moody music, Portishead, Massive Attack, Moby etc - but it has been ruined by having kids.

You see, now I constantly have the Wiggles in my head.

And it is hard to get going, so to speak, when you have Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car going on in your head the whole time.

Which is what has been happening to me of late.

Which has made being a foxy and shagadelic housewife kind of difficult. It is just impossible to get in the mood with Rockabye Your Bear in your head.

If Cosmo magazine has it right, a woman is meant to reach her sexual peak at thirty. I am scared this is the best it will get - the Wiggles are ruining my sex life.

Or perhaps I should just learn to fantasise about a man in a scivvy to get it going....I dont know. But things just arent the same!

No comments:

just a suburban housewife