Monday, January 22, 2007

Do cats do Karma?

I am not into cats.

Dogs are nice - they like it when you come home, they give you snuggles and do fun tricks like fetch sticks and play dead. Cats however think they are too good for their owners. They act all hard to get and uppity if you try to be silly and don't like play-fighting at all. They are like the Claremont-set of the animal kingdom.

Which is why I flatly refused to take my husband's cat when we first moved in together and I don't have a cat now.

Even so, I wish them no harm....that is except when they hunt birds.
I DO like birds. As well as the massive Jacaranda we have a massive flowering gum which all the native birds seem to like quite well. I leave them water and they all seem to get along really well.

But today I noticed they were making some noise so I stuck my head out the front to see a cat hissing. HISSING at MY birds. Now poor old Mandy got some flack when she mentioned Asians and all these people started making comments about newcomers not assimilating and all that jazz.

Well my BIRDS are NATIVE AUSTRALIAN BIRDS! Cats are introduced species and they DO NOT ASSIMILATE WELL AT ALL. Grr. So I did what any patriotic Australian would do. I took off my shoe and took aim. And I ONLY JUST MISSED.

That cat took off quite quickly and I told those birds that I would look after them and then I went inside.

Just as I did, I whacked my shoe-less foot with such ferocity that I think I may have broken my little toe. OW OWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWW
That's so like, Karma baby

No comments:

just a suburban housewife